Skip to Content (Press Enter)
blog image

In-State Tuition For Navajo Nation Students

by Kaitlyn Wightman
Marketing Specialist

January 13, 2014

In case you missed it in the news, New Mexico and Utah residents who are members of the Navajo Nation are now eligible for in-state tuition at Northern Arizona University.

Here’s how it works: If you graduated from a high school on a reservation in New Mexico or Utah, you qualify for in-state tuition at NAU, regardless of where you live now or your postal address.                                                                                       

It also means if you’re attending a two-year tribal college outside of Arizona, you can transfer to NAU and pay in-state tuition. That’s a tuition savings of more than 50%. 

To qualify for in-state tuition at NAU, this is what you need:

  • Proof of being a registered tribal member.
  • Must be a U.S. citizen or lawfully permanent resident of the United States.
  • Proof of graduating from a high school on the reservation. 

So, what does that mean for you? 

You can earn a degree at NAU designed to benefit you as a Navajo Nation member. Or, take classes online or at an NAU campus located on or near the reservation:

You also have access as an NAU student to student resources and services including:

Talk with an NAU advisor today to learn more about your opportunities at Northern Arizona University. 

Have a comment on this post? Share it on our Facebook page. 

Additional Story Info
For more information, contact:
NAU-Extended Campuses