Skip to Content (Press Enter)

  • Lower The Cost Of College 

    A good college education is one of the best investments you can make, and Northern Arizona University’s tuition rates are among the lowest in the nation. Even so, you  may require some form of financial aid to pay for all or part of your education.  

    There are several types of financial aid available to you: 

    • Loans – Federal or private loans must be repaid and accrue interest over time. 
    • Grants – Federal (e.g. Pell Grant) or state grants are awards that do not need to be repaid. 
    • Scholarships – Private financial aid awards that do not need to be repaid. 

    Don’t know where to start? Visit  

    For assistance, contact or visit the financial aid office at the Flagstaff, North Valley, Tucson or Yuma campus.  

    Financial Aid Eligibility

    To receive financial aid, you must be a degree-seeking student enrolled in at least six units for undergraduate study or five units for graduate study. Most federal and state grants are awarded only to full-time students (12 credits for undergraduate; nine credits for graduate).  

    IMPORTANT: You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). NAU School Code: 001082. The FAFSA determines your eligibility for Pell Grants, student loans, and other need-based aid. Depending on the financial aid you plan to apply for, you may need to submit other documents.

    Note: A high school diploma or GED, OR documentation of successful completion of at least 60 credit hours acceptable towards a bachelor's degree program is required to be eligible for any Federal Title IV financial aid.

    You also responsible for learning when financial aid will be disbursed, deciding how it will be dispersed and used, and staying on top of all deadlines. 

    Financial aid generally covers Fall and Spring semesters. Summer and Winter term may require separate applications and procedures 

    For Students Enrolled At Another University Or College

    If you are concurrently enrolled at NAU and another institution at the same time and want to receive financial aid, please complete the Consortium Agreement form.  

    At the end of the semester, submit your official transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation. You may also be required to submit transcripts to the Office of Scholarships and FinancialAid.

    If you withdraw from either school, you must notify the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. 

  • Related Document
    Financial Aid Checklist
    How to apply for financial aid in 7 easy steps.
  • NAU Scholarships
    NAU offers numerous scholarship opportunities for qualifying students. 
  • Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid