In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Candidates in this program are required to demonstrate content knowledge, pedagogical knowledge and skills, professional knowledge, and professional dispositions to be eligible to enter student teaching or internship placements. Content, pedagogical, and professional knowledge or skills, professional dispositions are demonstrated through candidate performance on key assessments embedded in the following course(s):
|Minimum Units for Completion
||Prepares student for Arizona Certification and/or Endorsement.
|Progression Plan Link
||View Program of Study
Student Learning Outcomes
Outcomes align with Standards from the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
See the full list of Student Learning Outcomes
- Professional orientation and ethical practice - studies that provide an understanding of all of the following aspects of professional functioning.
- Social and cultural diversity - studies that provide an understanding of the cultural context of relationships, issues, and trends in a multicultural society.
- Human growth and development - studies that provide an understanding of the nature and needs of persons at all developmental levels and in multicultural contexts.
- Career development - studies that provide an understanding of career development and related life factors.
- Helping relationships - studies that provide an understanding of the counseling process in a multicultural society.
- Group work - studies that provide both theoretical and experiential understandings of group purpose, development, dynamics, theories, methods, skills, and other group approaches in a multicultural society.
- Assessment - studies that provide an understanding of individual and group approaches to assessment and evaluation in a multicultural society.
- Research and program evaluation - studies that provide an understanding of research methods, statistical analysis, needs assessment, and program evaluation.
- Foundations, contextual dimensions and practice in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.